Ch. 51



The license plate number of Lou Ai’s car has not been removed yet. It is the license plate number that Lou Qiangguo had originally applied for.
  
Who could have seen her drive in and noticed the car? Who could have seen her drive in?
  
Xia Lu led Lou Ai to the location of the tent that the patrol officer had mentioned. It was not far from the registration point when they entered the Fengcheng base. There were several soldiers standing guard at the door of the tent: "Sister Lou Ai, we need to resolve this matter quickly. The soldier at the door said that if we don't go in for more than two hours, we will have to be quarantined for another twelve hours."
  
"Thank you for your kindness."

Lou Ai nodded and saw two men squatting at the door of the tent.

Judging from his face and clothes, Lou Qiangguo had not lived a good life. His unkempt hair had grown to his shoulders, there was a dark spot under his eyes, and he looked exhausted in his bones. Lou Jun was relatively better off. At least his clothes were much cleaner than Lou Qiangguo's.

"Comrade, that's really my car, and I put the license plate there myself." Lou Qiangguo smiled flatteringly at the soldier standing guard in front of the tent, "Well, I don't want this car anymore, how about you let us go?"

"The owner of the car will be here soon, you can explain to them later." The soldier said without any hesitation.

"Ai Ai?" Suddenly, Lou Qiangguo stood up. He subconsciously straightened his clothes and his eyes became excited. "Why are you in this base too? Oh, did you rent out our car and have someone bring you here?" Lou Qiangguo took two steps forward as if he suddenly realized something.

The guarding soldier asked, "Do you know each other?"

Lou Ai subconsciously stepped back, avoiding the hand that Lou Qiangguo was trying to grab, and thought about what attitude she should use towards Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun.

After all, Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun haven't done anything unforgivable yet. In the eyes of others, parents are naturally disadvantaged and can be forgiven.

Things that happened during the Qin Dynasty could spread so quickly. Lou Ai glanced at the people who were secretly looking over here. She couldn't guarantee that people wouldn't gossip about her.

Besides, Lou Qiangguo is not a moral person, and Lou Ai doesn't want to implicate Chen Youbo and others because of her own affairs and be gossiped about.

In this case……

"Dad?" Lou Ai immediately stopped dodging and, without causing any physical contact, acted more excited than Lou Qiangguo.

"Sister Lou Ai, do you know each other? Is he your father?" Xia Lu looked puzzled. He had known Lou Ai for such a long time, but he had never heard Lou Ai talk about her father. He only knew that Lou Ai's mother was a beautiful woman. He thought that Lou Ai's father had passed away a long time ago.

"Yeah." Lou Ai took a step forward and stopped Xia Lu from stepping forward to say hello.

"Dad, you don't know how scared I was when I was working part-time during the first purple moon. There was no one around and the roads were full of zombies. I couldn't get through to you when I called you, and it kept saying "busy." Lou Ai seemed to remember something, and the expression on her face was as scared as tears. "No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get through. I almost starved to death in the milk tea shop."

Lou Qiangguo's face froze. When the purple moon came, his phone was still working. Qin Shi urged him to call his family, but only a brother-in-law, whom he was not very close to, answered the call. He was worried and scared at the time, and missed Lou Ai a few times, but Qin Shi did not remind him to call Lou Ai. When he remembered to call again, his phone had no signal at all.

"It was dad's negligence. Why did you go to work alone?" Lou Qiangguo would never admit his mistake.

Lou Ai touched her head and smiled embarrassedly: "At that time, the school had to pay for textbooks, and the living expenses you gave were not enough. You went out to travel, and I couldn't get through to you on the phone. I had no choice but to find a milk tea shop. At first, I wanted to sell Aunt Qin's gold jewelry for emergency use. Unexpectedly, just as I was about to sell it, Aunt Qin called and said that I stole her jewelry. I had no choice but to put it back and find a job. I am a senior in high school this year, and many places don't accept me."

The patrol tents are set up next to those who cannot enter the base. Anything that happens here can cause heated discussions among the people nearby.

Lou Qiangguo had been here for such a long time that he naturally knew the character of this group of people. He could even feel the disapproving gazes of the people around him.

After all, before the end of the world, some high school students were the focus of their entire family.

Lou Qiangguo couldn't hold back his pride anymore, and Lou Jun couldn't help but tug at Lou Qiangguo's sleeve, changing the subject and asking Lou Ai, "Lou Ai, how did you get here?"

"I..." Lou Ai lowered his head for a long time, and said embarrassedly, "I came here with an older brother."

"Ahem." Xia Lu had already understood that Lou Ai and Lou Qiangguo didn't have a good relationship after Lou Ai told him that she was almost scared to death when she told him where she worked. Even so, after seeing Lou Ai being so weak and more like the girls who were supported by men in the Qiang'an base, he couldn't help but choke. After experiencing the supermarket, when Sister Lou Ai deliberately created a character who loved to take advantage in order to let them have a deeper understanding of the world, he should have known that Sister Lou Ai had a hobby of acting.

"Dad, how are you doing?" Lou Ai glanced at Lou Ai and changed the subject.

"Look at us, you know we're not doing well, unlike you." Lou Jun never thought before speaking in front of Lou Ai. He hasn't seen her for so many days, and she hasn't improved at all. "You look so glamorous, tut tut."

"It's just that life is a little hard. My father also came from a poor life in his early years. It's nothing." Lou Qiangguo subconsciously saved his face.

Lou Ai knew that Lou Qiangguo would say this. She looked at the two of them aggrievedly and said, "Dad, I'm not living well at all. Otherwise, I'll tell my eldest brother that I won't go to the base anymore. I'll live with you guys. I see that there are many people who can cook and wash clothes. I can support myself. Dad, can you let me live with you guys?"

Not to mention how the ordinary citizens around him viewed Lou Qiangguo, even the soldiers on guard looked at Lou Qiangguo with something unnatural.

How can you ask your own daughter to live with her father? Isn't it natural for her to end her life of living under someone else's roof after seeing her father?

If his daughter was bullied when she grew up, he would do his best to skin the bad guy alive.

"Stop it, Lou Ai, you are dressed so beautifully now, you must have no worries about food and drink, you should ask your big brother to bring me and dad into the base." Lou Jun had long been fed up with the days of eating coarse food with Lou Qiangguo outside, he shouted, and Lou Qiangguo let Lou Jun shout without stopping, "Little brother, you are following big brother Lou Ai, right? I am Lou Ai's brother, you must say a few good words for me when you go back!"

Xia Lu stood nearby, head down, pursing his lips desperately, afraid that he would accidentally laugh out loud. At this time, he heard Lou Jun calling him, and looked up: "Ah? You ask me?" Xia Lu met Lou Jun's gaze, took a step back in surprise, and moved away from Lou Jun.

Lou Jun's face immediately turned ugly: "Why are you hiding? Can I eat you? Since my sister is your eldest brother's woman, I will be your eldest brother's brother-in-law in the future. Be careful or I will make things difficult for you in the future." Lou Jun was not used to speaking without thinking.

"Lou Jun!" Lou Qiangguo rebuked harshly.

Xia Lu met Lou Ai's suggestive gaze and whispered tentatively, "But my brother-in-law can be replaced at any time!"

Lou Qiangguo smiled at Xia Lu ingratiatingly: "Don't listen to that brat. Please take care of our Ai Ai."

Xia Lu looked at Lou Qiangguo with a hint of sympathy and nodded seriously.

"Dad." Lou Ai cried out in grief, "You don't want me anymore?"

"What do you mean I don't want you? You're my only daughter. But you've also seen that dad and your brother have been living in the open air outside the base. You're beautiful but spoiled, so you definitely can't stand this hardship. You should try your best to make the big brother you're following unable to live without you, and then dad and brother will live a good life with you in the future." Lou Qiangguo leaned close to Lou Ai's ear and said the latter words.

After hearing this, Lou Ai said loudly: "But I don't like him... Dad, I can also support you, just let me come back."

"Why raise him? Dad doesn't need you to raise him." Lou Qiangguo smiled very reluctantly.

Lou Jun said sarcastically: "Just based on you, I admire you for being able to support yourself."

"Junjun, shut up." Lou Qiangguo scolded.

Lou Ai pursed her lips and rubbed her eyes in disappointment. Her eyes immediately turned red from the stimulation of her fingers and her beauty contact lenses. "Dad, since you don't need me to support you, I won't support you in the future. I know you like my brother more than me. You can live with my brother in the future. My brother will definitely let you live a good life. Anyway, I hate my brother. I won't come to bother you in the future."

"Ai Ai, are you planning to sever ties with me?" Lou Qiangguo asked through gritted teeth, "You've had enough of the good life, so you don't recognize me as your father? I raised you up, you're being ungrateful, do you know that?"

Lou Ai clenched her fists and shouted so that everyone around could hear clearly: "Ever since my mother passed away and you married my stepmother, you have treated my stepmother's brother better than me. You took my brother out to travel during the Chinese New Year, and I couldn't even afford the tuition for my textbooks by myself at home. Now it's the end of the world. Although the big brother I followed is strong and rich, he has a bad temper. I really don't want to be with him. You can't even promise me to live with you, and you still want me to recognize you? Okay, okay, then you choose one. If you want me to recognize you, you let me live with you now, and I will support you in the future."

"You should be nice to me, right? She's just a little girl... She thinks you're crazy." Lou Jun whispered softly in Lou Qiangguo's ear, "Dad, don't listen to her. Can she really not recognize you?"

"Ai Ai, why are you so stubborn? Daddy is doing this for your own good. How can you compare to you following that big brother?" Lou Qiangguo looked anxious and didn't even care about the shocked and contemptuous looks around him.

"Okay, you said it, don't come to me in the future." After Lou Ai finished speaking, he looked at Xia Lu, "Xia Lu, let's go."

“By the way, I also saw my stepmother in the base. Her new partner looks younger than you.” After saying this, Lou Ai turned around and left.

Lou Qiangguo's face immediately turned red, and he couldn't even say a word to try to keep her.

The discussions from the people watching the excitement in the surrounding tents were all condemning Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun. Even in this cannibalistic world, there was still the government and the base, so they would not starve to death. When humans gather together, their sense of morality is always strong, and they are against people like Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun.

"No, she just left like that?" Lou Jun looked at Lou Ai's back with an angry look on his face.

Lou Qiangguo grabbed Lou Jun and explained with a smile to the soldiers next to him: "Look why this child is so stubborn. In this world, human life is worthless. I have no ability. I am doing this for her good. What can a girl do? She can't survive..." Lou Qiangguo looked as if it didn't matter if he was misunderstood.

The soldier next to him said indifferently: "Since the owner of the car has not said what she wants to do to you, you can leave now."

There was a young soldier standing next to the registration area. He watched the entire quarrel between Lou Ai and Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun, and said angrily, "How can there be such a father? How much suffering must that girl have endured? Bah! Just wait and regret it!"

"Well, wait and see. His daughter... Tsk, she's amazing." The female soldier recalled the information sheet she received at that time and touched her nose. "A pair of idiots."

*

"Sister Lou Ai, what if the lie is exposed in the future and your father comes to bother you again?" Xia Lu said worriedly.

"Who said I would be exposed? When I come back from the mission, I will let Lou Qiangguo know that I have awakened my superpowers." Lou Ai said, "Before that, Xia Lu, go hire a few people to spread the news of today's events. It would be best if everyone in the tent area outside the Fengcheng base knows about it. If you want to cut me off, you have to cut off all ties with Lou Qiangguo."

Xia Lu shuddered, raised his head, and smiled: "Sister Lou Ai, I think you did the right thing."


Comments