Ch. 62



“???” Xin Riyue stood there in a daze. Just as he was about to say something, he was interrupted by Lou Ai.

"Who asked you to come here?" Lou Ai asked coldly.

Lou Jun showed a slightly flattering smile: "Of course it was Dad who asked me to come here. Dad was very worried about you, afraid that you were not living well over there, so he told me to come to the gate to see you every day, even if it's just to talk and see you." These were the words that Lou Qiangguo taught Lou Jun.

"Last time, I made it clear to you that I don't want to follow my eldest brother anymore. If you let me follow you, I will recognize you. It is also my responsibility to support my parents." Lou Ai said seriously, "You said you didn't need me to support them, but now you both don't recognize me and come to me again."

"So, do you want me to raise you or not?" Lou Ai asked with a raised eyebrow.

Rumors in the tent area of ​​the camp had already spread everywhere. In several versions, the daughter was always miserable and pitiful. So almost as soon as Lou Ai opened her mouth, someone recognized her as the rumored daughter. The few people who saw her on the day of the quarrel were even more eager to analyze the situation with the people around them.

When Lou Jun heard the discussions around him, his face darkened. He looked at Lou Ai and shook his head hastily. He said that as long as someone supports them, it would be fine. But Lou Aiguo had explained to him the situation and told him not to think that Lou Ai's situation was very good. It was just slightly better than theirs. It mainly depended on the power of the big brother. As long as they could get in touch with the big brother and join the superpower team, they would have a hard time in the future.

"How can we two grown men be raised by girls? Of course, we are definitely not greedy for life in Fengcheng base, but we want to give you a better life. Ai Ai, think about it, now that we have established a foothold in Fengcheng base, will everyone, including your elder brother, dare to neglect you again?" When Lou Qiangguo went out, he saw a large group of people gathered some distance ahead. Thinking of Lou Ai, he came up to take a look. Unexpectedly, he actually ran into Lou Ai.

Lou Ai shook her head, put away the soft expression on her face, and said in a cold voice: "This is perfect. I don't want to support you either. Let's go our separate ways. Don't come to me again, and I won't recognize you as my father anymore."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Lou Jun was shocked and blurted out, "I really didn't expect that filial piety has been eaten by dogs?"

"Well, you ate it, so how come you still respect me, your father?" Lou Ai asked casually, "Forget it, it's me who is disgusting to be your father."

Lou Qiangguo held Lou Ai's arm, his face full of grief: "Ai Ai, how did you become like this? When your mother was alive, you always let your father eat a lollipop first. Ai Ai, in this difficult environment, our family should stick together."

Lou Ai narrowed her eyes, broke away from Lou Qiangguo's hand, and asked, "Are you and I a family? Are we a family, so you don't want me to come to the tent area? Are we a family, so you can make me do things I don't want to do? Or are we a family, so I, who was still in high school before the end of the world, have to take on the responsibility of supporting myself alone?"

"I don't believe that someone as smart as you can't even see through the fact that Qin Shi didn't give me living expenses. You just simply don't want to care. As long as no one dies and you can save face, you can ignore it. That's why I have two new clothes and a brand-name schoolbag every year, but who would have thought that I have to work to earn my living expenses." Lou Ai said with a stern expression on his face, "How dare you say that you don't know everything Qin Shi did."

Lou Jun curled his lips and said, "You have grown up well, right? Are you short of food or clothes?"

Lou Qiangguo's eyes flashed wildly, with a hint of sadness in his eyes: "I usually don't pay much attention to my family. This is just a common problem for men in our country. I know you went out to work, but Qin Shi told me that you wanted to experience the hard work of making money, and I believed it. I thought it would be good for you to go out and exercise. Now I have also suffered retribution. Qin Shi, this woman who despises the poor and loves the rich, ran away with the captain of the superpower team who was younger than me and had more supplies after arriving at the Fengcheng base." Lou Qiangguo told his tragic experience, trying to win the sympathy of the men around him.

He did receive some sympathetic looks from some people.

"So, is Lou Jun your child?" Lou Ai didn't bother to talk to Lou Qiangguo and asked directly.

When Lou Jun heard this, he became anxious: "Why am I not my father's child?"

"It's really his biological child!" Lou Ai nodded, relieved, "That's reasonable!"

After her mother passed away, Lou Ai sincerely considered Lou Qiangguo and asked her father to find another mother. Lou Qiangguo soon brought Qin Shi home, saying that he met his first love by chance, and his first love happened to be divorced. He and Qin Shi discussed and planned to live together. At that time, Lou Qiangguo asked her very seriously, and she accepted this aunt who smiled brightly at her without any doubt, and believed what Lou Qiangguo said.

It was not until after the end of the world that she traveled around with the two of them, heard many strange stories, and gained a lot of experience.

When she was taking a break on the road, she heard someone say that Lou Jun and Lou Qiangguo looked very similar, which made her suspicious of what happened. Later, Lou Qiangguo's various defenses of Lou Jun only deepened her suspicion. Not long after that, she experienced rebirth and had no time to hear the truth of the matter in person.

Lou Qiangguo tried to remain calm: "Junjun is the child of Qin Shi and her ex-husband. Although he is not my biological child, I have always treated him as my own child since he was young. Now he is no different from my own child."

"Since he was a child, one or two years old?" Lou Ai thought, "Well, he's not my biological brother, so let him stay outside the city. I can reluctantly bring you closer to the Maple City base, and I'll let my eldest brother take you to eat delicious food and drink spicy drinks."

Lou Jun was anxious and blurted out: "Dad told me a long time ago that I am his biological son."

Lou Ai almost laughed as she watched Lou Qiangguo's face turn pale and blue. Lou Jun's actions were really amazing: "Cheating? That's amazing!"

"No, Ai Ai, Qin Shi and I were together before I met your mother. I was also shocked when I met Qin Shi again because of the child she gave birth to secretly. This is not my fault, it's all Qin Shi's fault." Lou Qiangguo said hurriedly and asked for others' opinions, "Don't you think so, little brother?"

Lin Ze and Xiao Zuo were standing behind Lou Ai. Lin Ze was drinking water while watching Lou Qiangguo's confession. The only thing missing was a bag of melon seeds.

Hearing Lou Qiangguo's question, he was stunned for a moment, and said in surprise: "F#ck you!"

Xin Riyue raised his hand to cover the ears of Xin Xin who was standing beside her. Xin Xin stared and shook her head in confusion: "Dad, I can't hear anything. I still want to continue watching the stage play. Sister Lou Ai, go ahead and beat down the bad guy!"

"Be good, this is not a stage play for children." Xin Riyue looked helpless.

When Lou Ai heard what Xin Xin said, she couldn't help but smile and said, "Let's go. I've found out everything I need to know."

When Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun saw Lou Ai was about to leave, they immediately stepped forward to stop her. The father and son stood in front and behind Lou Ai, one in front and one behind.

"Ai Ai, I know I was wrong, I will definitely change in the future, I will take responsibility for you as a father, please don't deny me." Lou Qiangguo was so embarrassed that he pretended to kneel down, "Even if I beg you, can I kneel down and beg you?"

Even though Lou Ai had laid so much groundwork before, after Lou Qiangguo made such a fuss, there were still people around who were watching the fun and said, "Blood is thicker than water. Even if her father did something wrong before, he has apologized now. Let's just let it go. Everyone makes mistakes when they are young. If this little girl really makes a scene, she will regret it later."

"There's no such thing as overnight hatred among family members! Family matters can be discussed in private, but now everyone knows about her father's dirty deeds."

"That's right. Besides, the daughter of this family doesn't do any legitimate business."

The public opinions of the people around him spread in the direction that Lou Qiangguo had predicted.

Lou Ai's face became colder and colder. She didn't help Lou Qiangguo. When Lou Qiangguo was about to kneel down, she reached out from her space and took out a brand new submachine gun, pointed it at the thing between Lou Qiangguo's legs, and said, "Kneel down, Lou Qiangguo. If you dare to kneel down, I will shoot you. If you can't control your thing, I will control it for you. It's just right that you don't want it anymore. It can also be regarded as revenge for my mother."

In the blink of an eye, Lou Qiangguo was facing the black muzzle of a gun. Within seconds, he broke out in a cold sweat, and his legs went limp and he fell to the ground.

After a long while, Lou Qiangguo finally reacted, his pupils shrank as he asked, "Ai Ai, are you a superpower?"

"It's funny. I didn't even need any guidance. I just stood there and said that I had taken refuge with a big brother, and you naturally thought that I was relying on my beauty to eat gigolo meals. My image in your eyes is a bit of a failure." Lou Ai's voice was like spitting ice. "Stand up and get out of here. Don't make me say it again."

Perhaps Lou Qiangguo had seen too many examples of people with special abilities acting tyrannically during the migration, so as soon as Lou Ai said that, he stood up quickly.

Lou Qiangguo hesitated to speak: "Ai Ai."

Lou Ai walked straight towards the registration place as if she didn't see Lou Qiangguo.

Lou Jun moved to Lou Qiangguo's side and said, "Dad, what should we do?"

Lou Qiangguo glanced at Lou Jun, but he didn't have the heart to scold him. He sighed, ran to Xin Riyue, and said in a gentle voice, "You must be the elder brother that Ai Ai recognizes, right? Our Ai Ai has a bad temper now, so please be more tolerant of her in the future. Although we are in this situation now, she is still my daughter."

Xin Riyue's mouth twitched and he touched his nose: "Although, I can't be an Elder Brother to Lou Ai."

"Then..." Lou Qiangguo looked at Lin Ze. Among this group of people, these two officers were the most imposing.

Xiao Zuo waved his hand: "It's not me, I'm not qualified." After Xiao Zuo said that, he had seen enough of the excitement and walked towards the registration place.

Lin Ze nodded and added: "I can complete what Xiao Zuo didn't say. Although I manage a team of more than 3,000 people, I am not qualified to be the leader of Lou Ai." Lin Ze said seriously, "Similarly, although I am the acting manager of Fengcheng Base, I am not qualified to be Lou Ai's big brother."

As soon as Lin Ze finished speaking, there was an uproar around him.

Lou Qiangguo and Lou Jun were just standing there in a daze. What did it mean that the base manager said that they were not qualified to be Lou Ai's big brother?

At that time, Lou Qiangguo reached a height that he would never be able to reach in his entire life, and the wealth contained in it was beyond counting even with the naked eye.

But he actually messed up a good move.

"This is really picking up sesame seeds and losing watermelons. The country has long said that men and women are the same. When his daughter asked him to leave her brother and go to the base with her, wouldn't he have just gone directly?" People around were talking.

"Such a powerful psychic, no wonder people don't want to pay attention to that man. He cheated on her and didn't support his daughter. He came here to suck her blood. I wouldn't support him if he asked me to."

"It's better to break up now. No matter what immoral things they do in the future, it won't affect that girl." What's confusing is that the people who were talking just now are basically the same group of people.

Lou Qiangguo listened to what the people around him said and walked towards the tent in the camp in a daze. The more he thought about it, the more dissatisfied he looked at Lou Jun, and this dissatisfaction grew stronger in the days that followed.

Lou Ai naturally heard what Lin Ze, Xiao Zuo and Xin Riyue said on her behalf. She smiled and thanked them: "Thank you."

"We were telling the truth." Xin Riyue waved his hand, and Lin Ze and Xiao Zuo nodded.

Chen Youbo and Xia Lu also walked over quickly. Chen Youbo said, "Lou Ai, I remember where I saw that man's face. Did you hear what Song Yi said when we first came here? He was telling the fortunes of those two people. He said that they were destined to be rich and powerful, but they ruined their fate by themselves. They are destined to spend the rest of their lives in poverty and misery."

Xia Lu also nodded seriously: "That's what he said."

"Yeah." Lou Ai nodded. The reason why she didn't choose a more extreme way to punish Lou Qiangguo was that she wanted Lou Qiangguo to experience the suffering she had gone through in her previous life. In this cannibalistic apocalypse, living miserably is always much more difficult and painful than death.

The registration went smoothly, and after thirty-six hours of isolation in the quarantine area, Lou Ai successfully returned to the apartment rented by Xin Xin's team.

As soon as they entered the room, Song Yi, wearing an apron, brought a small bowl of hot millet porridge and placed it on the dining table: "I expected you to come back today, so I prepared hot meals in advance to welcome you. Although it's not as delicious as what Miss Xiao Zi cooks, it's better because it was prepared in advance. Go wash your hands and come to eat. Don't be so nervous when you go home."

"Okay." Xia Lu and Zhang Xi cheered and went to wash their hands. Xiao Zi, Xia Youyou and others also sat at the dining table.

Even Lou Ai, even though she didn't smell the millet porridge or feel the warmth, sat down at the dining table. This feeling made her feel warm and was especially able to comfort her heart which was full of scars in the family.

"Our mission was successful this time, and it seems that the reward is quite a lot of hexagonal crystal cores." Xiao Zi said happily, "Everyone can get a lot."

Xia Youyou nodded: "Indeed, I also want to thank Xin Xin and Lou Ai. I will go give them some of the chocolates I have hidden away."

Lou Ai looked over in surprise, Xia Youyou smiled and said, "I noticed that you like chocolate very much, and I happen to have some. Thanks to you this time, I can buy a lot of supplies for my mother with the crystal core. You're welcome."

"Thank you." Lou Ai nodded.

Xiao Zi lowered her head and silently drank a mouthful of millet porridge. When she heard Xia Youyou want to thank Lou Ai, she suddenly stopped talking.

Lou Ai didn't care about Xiao Zi's thanks. She calculated that it was exactly one week since Professor Dong Chengtai was murdered. She had to join Professor Dong Chengtai's laboratory as soon as possible.

Every important professor in the Academy of Sciences is equipped with a special security guard. She will be upgraded to level three tonight. After the upgrade, she will go to Dong Chengtai to work as a guard for a while.

"Sister Lou Ai, Brother Chen, Taoist priest and I have discussed that when you have something to do, we will go to Lin Ze's recruit camp to train the new recruits." Xia Lu scratched his head and said embarrassedly, "Brother Taoist priest and I cannot be considered as trainers. We are a small private workshop. We help those new recruits with treatment and fortune-telling. We only charge a small fee. I don't know if anyone will come. Sister Lou Ai, just do what you want to do. We can arrange ourselves."

Lou Ai nodded: "Okay, thank you."

"You're being too polite, brother." Chen Youbo held a lollipop in his mouth, "Just don't forget to call us when you leave."

Lou Ai smiled: "I will definitely not forget this."

The sun set and the moon rose high in the sky. Around nine o'clock in the evening, Xin Riyue came back holding Xin Xin, looking exhausted. Xin Xin had already fallen asleep in Xin Riyue's arms.

Lou Ai was just going out, and when she ran into him, she whispered, "Boss Xin, I have something to do outside, so I won't be back tonight."

"Okay, be careful on the road." Xin Riyue instructed gently.

When she was about to go out, Lou Ai heard Xiao Zi appear in the hall when she was standing at the door. Not long after Xiao Zi came out, she began to ask about the price of the mission reward and insisted on getting her share first. Xiao Zi had calculated the reward she deserved in advance and said that her reward was not right. Xin Riyue probably couldn't help it finally and whispered about all the things Xiao Zi had done that violated the rules during the mission. The two of them didn't give in and started arguing in a low voice.

After listening to a few words, Lou Ai turned around and left. Xin Riyue is a good father with a gentle personality, but he is actually not very suitable to be the leader of a superpower team.

This quarrel between him and Xiao Zi was also expected.

Lou Ai went to rent a house and rented a single room for 48 hours. When she first upgraded to the second level, it took her nearly a whole night. This time, upgrading to the third level would probably take more than a whole day.

Lou Ai locked the door, closed the windows and curtains, propped the door against a small bookcase, and sat on the bed in the middle of the room.

She took out the crystal core of the second-level zombie from the space. An indescribable attraction came from the second-level crystal core again. Lou Ai rinsed it three times with clean water, and then put the crystal core into her mouth.

The hexagonal crystal core turned into a faint warm current that flowed into her stomach. From her stomach, the warm current flowed through her limbs, and her whole body became hot.

At the same time, unlike the previous crystal core swallowing, while this second-level crystal core was swallowing, a series of incoherent images flashed through her mind.

Lou Ai had no way to ponder this scene for the moment. The senses all over her body were gripped by pain, an indescribable pain and itchiness, as if hundreds of thousands of ants were gnawing at her body. Her head was also aching. Lou Ai reached out and grabbed the quilt next to her and bit it hard. The thin quilt was instantly bitten by her teeth, and a hole was instantly made in it. Lou Ai had no choice but to stuff her mouth full to avoid biting herself.

The blood that is flowing out of her is still dark red and cannot be seen by others.

Slowly, slowly, the pain and itching disappeared.

As the sun sets, the warm orange sunlight shines into the room through the thin curtains. Only then does Lou Ai feel herself recovering. Her whole body feels lighter than ever before, as if she could float far away like a feather with just one jump.

Lou Ai opened her eyes. She had taken off her cosmetic contact lenses and placed them on the table before the upgrade. She looked at the dressing mirror in the room.

The size of her pupils has changed from mung beans to soybeans, and is not as creepy as before.

Lou Ai took out a small wooden ball and easily broke the ball into small pieces in the palm of her hand. In addition to her speed, her strength was also comprehensively improved.

What surprised Lou Ai the most was the upgrade of her spatial ability. The nine cubic meters of space became eighteen cubic meters, and the full supply she had stored before now seemed a lot more spacious.

Lou Ai took out a small knife from her own space and threw it into the air. In the eighteen cubic meters of space, the knife paused. Lou Ai stretched out her hand and let the knife slowly fly towards her. The knife moved little by little in a slow friction manner. Although the speed was very slow, she could control the movement of objects. If she thought about it carefully, she could find that there were many more movements that could be used during the fight.

As for controlling the number of zombies, she can only test it in the wild next time.

Lou Ai stood up and drew open the curtains. Brilliant sunlight shone into the room. She checked her phone. It took her twice as long to upgrade to level three as it did to level two. The next upgrade might take two days.

Lou Ai tidied up the quilt that she had bitten, put it directly into the space, packed her belongings, put on her beauty contact lenses and went out.

After going down to the front desk, she used a zero-level zombie crystal core to compensate for the loss of the quilt.

Lou Ai maintained a good mood and returned to the apartment where Xin Xin's team was located.

As soon as she entered the room, Lou Ai found something wrong. The entire Xin Xin team was lifeless.

Lou Ai asked Chen Youbo in a low voice: "What's going on?"

"After you left last night, President Xin and Xiao Zi had a big fight over compensation, and President Xin dismissed Xiao Zi directly. Xiao Zi was so angry that she cried and said that President Xin was not fit to be the captain of a team. President Xin also said harshly that it was up to him to take the compensation." Chen Youbo said softly, "After Xiao Zi was dismissed, President Xin shut himself up in there for several hours, and we couldn't persuade him. Lou Ai, do you want to go and persuade him?"


Comments