Ch. 23



"Uncle, I was just telling you about me finding a master, why are you so sad?" Xiang Chunyan restrained his cheerful expression and frowned, "If you keep this expression, I will leave. If you have anything bothering you, please tell me. I will never tell anyone what I know should not be said."
  
"It's all because of the base. Wei Jun proposed at the meeting to lead a team to encircle and suppress the zombies around the Qiang'an base." Bai Lijie rubbed his beer belly, his tone worried, "Li Ming and the others disagreed. They thought it would be safer to build the base now. Only after the base is built can the research institute concentrate on research. Developing a zombie vaccine as soon as possible is more important than anything else. I was the lubricant at the meeting. Both sides were difficult to deal with. I mediated for a long time, but it was wrong to support either side."
  
"Why worry about this? Isn't fighting zombies and building a base a mutually beneficial thing?"
  
"You can't calculate it that way, Xiaoyan. Our base is poor. Fighting zombies and improving the base requires food and a large number of manpower. All kinds of talents are not enough just to collect supplies for the institute. We also have to send people to remote villages to rescue people. How can we have extra manpower to clean up the zombies?" Bai Lijie shook his head. "Also, the institute's superpower team has recruited a superpower who can predict the future. In the superpower's predictive dream, our base is not in good condition."
  
"Then let's build a base first, and then fight the zombies after the base is built." Xiang Chunyan said curiously.

Bai Lijie stood up and walked to the window to look down. The supermarket downstairs was bustling with people coming to buy things. "It's not that easy. They are all doing this for the good of the base. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. But behind them are the army and the research institute. While cooperating with each other, they will definitely strive to maximize their own interests. Troubled times create wealthy families. This principle is always true in any troubled times."
  
"Second uncle, you are the person in charge of the base now, you can do whatever you want. I support you!" Xiang Chunyan said a panacea of comforting sentences.
  
Bai Lijie smiled and said, "As the head of the base, I don't have much real power."
  
He sighed, "Now I am more worried about what that psychic said, about the big changes in the base."
  
"Big changes in the base?" Xiang Chunyan knew this. "Second uncle, I just told you about our encounter with Yao Shengyi on the road. You may not know about our return. Before Xiao Zuo led the team to Fengcheng Base, an expert told him a fortune."
  
"The master didn't tell me what the hexagram would look like. She just told Xiao Zuo and the others to stay away from forests and lakes, saying that animals might mutate. She also talked about two or three purple moons. I was stunned at the time and had a nightmare when I got home that night."
  
"What two purple moons? Xiaoyan, tell me more about it in detail." Bai Lijie turned around, his kind face full of seriousness.

"I don't remember it either, but it was very scary anyway." Xiang Chunyan shook his head.
  
Bai Lijie closed his eyes. Two purple moons, animal mutations, zombie animals. If it was true, could the Qiang'an base survive?
  
He crushed the small caterpillar in front of him with all his strength, especially these days, the number of animals in the base has increased day by day.
  
"Xiao Yan, where does the master live? Take me to find her now." Bai Lijie said.
  
"Okay, I'm not bragging, I know the whereabouts of the expert very well. I'm counting on doing something for the expert in the future and asking her to give me some advice." Xiang Chunyan patted his chest shamelessly and led people to the Funan community. Then he dragged Bai Lijie to wait at the door of the room for an hour, and waited for the news that Lou Ai had left the base.
  
Xiang Chunyan looked at his second uncle, then at the moon hanging high outside: "..."
  
Is he cheating his second uncle again? ?
 
*
  
The moon always appears especially early in winter. The primate team's truck drove all the way on the highway until dusk, when it turned into a nearby town. They found a small supermarket in the corner of the town as a temporary base. The car stopped, and a crescent moon appeared in the gray sky.

The trunk of the truck was opened by Cheng Xian. Lou Ai stretched out her hand to block the light that came in, and the people in the car were able to jump out in twos and threes.
  
"Finally I'm down. I was groggy all the way."
  
"Oh, what's this smell? Why is it so fragrant?"

"Who cares what the smell is? My butt is numb from the shaking. I get a headache when I think about having to go through this again on the way back."
  
"We are in a hurry. It seems that other superpower teams have also set their sights on Xingzhuang Village. There are many food processing factories there. They are probably heading there. Otherwise, Xingzhuang Village is so far away and the road is not very good. We can just drive there slowly."
  
"On the return trip, the carriage will be filled with goods. We will be huddled together, and it will probably be even more difficult than on the way here."
  
"If it really doesn't work, how about we make an application? On the way back, we can find a car and drive behind the truck."
  
"What nonsense are you two talking about? You'd better be thankful that you can return home safely. You even found a car. Bah, don't even think about doing anything messy. I know a small road from Xingzhuang Village that leads directly to Baize Expressway. The return trip will definitely not take so long. The reason why we only drove a big truck is not to separate and ensure our safety. Stop making trouble, you two." The woman in the black striped sportswear kicked the buttocks of the two boys who were chatting.
  
Lou Ai paused and looked at the woman who was speaking with burning eyes. The woman was about thirty years old and well-maintained. She said that she knew of a road that led directly from Xingzhuang Village to Baize Expressway, and she wanted to know which road it was.
  
She originally planned to swim directly from the riverside of Xingzhuang Village, which was the closest route. However, the road was full of undeveloped woods, which was not as convenient as the shortcut Hua Jun mentioned.
  
"That?" Lou Ai called out to the woman.
  
The woman frowned and looked over, staring at Chen Youbo beside Lou Ai, the impatience on her face almost overflowing.
  
"Lou Ai, she is the second-in-command of the team I told you about. Her name is Hua Jun and she has a very bad temper." Chen Youbo said.

"How can she manage you guys if she doesn't have a bad temper?" Lou Ai stepped forward and took Hua Jun's arm. "Hello, Sister Hua Jun, my name is Lou Ai. I'm a temporary team member who was interviewed by Brother Xian yesterday. You should have listened to what Brother Xian said. I have something to do on the Bai Ze Expressway. Can you tell me the road that goes directly from Xingzhuang Village to the Bai Ze Expressway?"
  
"Ahem, the fragrance in this place is a bit strong." Hua Jun fanned her nose, "This fragrance must be coming from the small purple flower. I didn't expect such a small flower to be so fragrant."
  
"Little flower?" Lou Ai smelled the fragrant aroma in her nose and looked at the little purple flower in a daze.
  
"If you want to know the direct way, you can. Beat up Chen Youbo. I'm sure he won't refuse as he is so loyal."
  
"You're worrying too much. His mother has long taught him to refuse." Lou Ai blurted out, stared at the purple flower again, slapped her thigh and said, "No, beat me, you have to keep your word."
  
"Of course." Hua Jun nodded, glanced at Chen Youbo, and quietly walked into the small supermarket with a smile on her face.
  
Chen Youbo: “…”
  
"My mother taught me never to use other people's interests to exchange for things that don't belong to you."
  
Chen Youbo stared at Lou Ai and said faintly, "What you did was wrong, wasn't it?"
  
"Did I do it?" Lou Ai asked back.
  
"Not yet." Chen Youbo shook his head. "So you are trying to trick Hua Jun?"

"No, I'm going to beat you up right away." Lou Ai pursed her lips and smiled, "Believe me, I have arranged the order in which I will beat you up, starting with Hua Jun and ending with you. If Hua Jun wakes up and sees me beating you up, it will be difficult for her to deny it."

Chen Youbo: “???” What nonsense are you talking about?


Comments