Ch. 67



Lou Ai was afraid that she would be unable to handle everything by herself at noon today, so she made preparations in advance. If Guo Qicheng followed her to the front door of the hall, she would definitely not let Guo Qicheng have a chance to escape. She asked Song Yi and Chen Youbo to wait at the back door and the second-floor window early. With both preparations in place, she was able to defend herself well against an ordinary person without special abilities.

"Is this the research material and reagent bottle you lost?" Song Yi handed the small bottle and materials in his hand back to the leading researcher.

The leading researcher pushed his glasses and said gratefully, "Yes, aren't you a fortune teller who often goes out to tell fortunes?" The researcher recognized Song Yi and said, "I remember that you are quite accurate in fortune telling. Did you calculate this as well?"

"That's right, my apprentice has figured it out." Song Yi said quietly, with a smug smile on his round face. Since the end of the world, this base has been the most comfortable one he has ever lived in.

After Guo Qicheng was arrested, he fell silent, but the hatred in his eyes was frightening.

"Why?" Qin Chengtai woke up and asked in a trembling voice. Lou Ai also looked at Guo Qicheng, "I absorbed the crystal core of a second-level zombie. After that absorption, my ability was upgraded and I also got some fragmentary memories about zombies, including the scene where you framed that second-level zombie. If I remember correctly, that second-level zombie was called Zhang Yuexin. He came to Fengcheng Base with you, right?"

"Before the second-level zombie died, he kept talking about the Academy of Sciences and betrayal. This is enough to show his hatred for you. Even after he turned into a zombie, his hatred did not disappear." Lou Ai looked at Guo Qicheng with flashing eyes. "You are in a high position now and have money. What is the reason for doing this?"

"What do you psychics know? You only see that I, as an ordinary person, have climbed high enough, but if I were a psychic, I could do better and get more." Guo Qicheng's voice was hoarse, and he turned his head away when he met Qin Chengtai's disappointed eyes. "My wife Mianmian turned into a zombie after the end of the world, but she did not completely lose consciousness and could still call out my name. I was going to take her away, away from the human world, but a psychic captured my wife and shot her on the spot. What's the use of being a scientist? It's useless in the face of life and death."

Guo Qicheng continued to mutter: "Why should I develop equipment to enhance superpowers for superpowers?"

"When I was invited to come to the base in Fengcheng, a man found me. I couldn't see what he looked like, but he said he had a method to turn ordinary people into superpowers. As long as I took out the information after completing the experiment and killed my senior and Zhang Yuexin, he could help me become a superpower. I agreed, not because superpowers are too weak. If I had been a superpower at the beginning of the end of the world, my wife would not have died, and my position in the Academy of Sciences would not have been so embarrassing. My position would have been higher than it is now." Guo Qicheng's eyes were filled with hatred, blood oozing from the corners of his mouth, and his eyes were fierce without any concealment. "How great would it be if I were a superpower?"

"How great would it be if I were a superpower?" Guo Qicheng's voice was weak, but the desire he exuded was no weaker than shouting loudly.

"If you were a superpower, would you be able to be friendly to others and not be jealous of them? Your heart is cold. No matter how strong you are, you won't get the respect from others, right?" Lou Ai squatted down and slapped Guo Qicheng on the head. "Do you think there is no competition among superpowers? Is it so easy to be a superpower? Why didn't you envy us when we were fighting bloody battles and dancing on the shoulders of the god of death? You are so smart, but you can't figure it out with your head?"

The blood at the corner of Guo Qicheng's mouth gradually changed from flowing out slowly to being spit out in big mouthfuls. He rolled his eyes, lay on the ground, and gradually became silent.

In the hall of the laboratory building, the researchers from Qin Chengtai's laboratory, the soldiers on guard, and the researchers from other laboratories who came down to watch the excitement, all fell silent with the death of Guo Qicheng. Most of the soldiers and researchers guarding the hall of the laboratory building were ordinary people. Even if the researchers awakened special abilities, most of them were mental abilities of the brain and needed protection from others. Ordinary soldiers had nothing and were fighting for their lives. Who wouldn't want to become a person with special abilities and be admired by ordinary people?

But Lou Ai's words woke them up. People with special abilities often have to do the most difficult tasks. In this world, even people with special abilities must have many troubles. How do they know that their situation will be better after becoming special abilities?

After Guo Qicheng's matter was over, Lin Ze hurried over with his troops.

"What happened? I was in a meeting when the soldiers from the laboratory came looking for me. I came back and gathered the soldiers to rush over, and Professor Guo was already dead? How did he die?" Lin Ze glanced at the entire hall and immediately went to find Lou Ai.

"Suicide out of fear of crime." Lou Ai said, "Where is the nearest hospital?"

"Let's go to the military headquarters." Lin Ze gave his orderly two looks, and the orderly tactfully took Professor Qin from Lou Ai and took care of him carefully.

"Sister Huan, you all can go now. I will send Professor Qin back when he recovers. Be sure to keep the research report and other things. It would be best if several people can look at it together and memorize the entire text." Lou Ai waved and instructed several researchers in the lab who had a good relationship with her.

Sister Huan nodded and watched Lou Ai and Lin Ze walk away side by side. Then she looked at the researcher beside her and patted her chest. "Lou Ai is so powerful? Secretary Lin is the head of our Fengcheng base, right? Lou Ai seems to be very familiar with him."

"I still remember that a few days ago Lou Ai came to me to explain a problem, but I impatiently used the excuse of going to the bathroom to send her to someone else."

"More than that, I thought she came in through the back door and she heard the gossip we talked about behind her back. Ordinary people can't hear it at that distance, but people with special abilities have such good physical strength. No wonder she looked at me like an idiot at that time." Several researchers discussed with sympathy.

Lou Ai naturally didn't know that several researchers in the laboratory were still discussing her.

She was discussing the Changchun Laboratory with Lin Ze.

"So you mean that people from Changchun Laboratory have already sneaked into the Capital Base?" Lin Ze asked.

Lou Ai nodded: "It doesn't mean that people from Changchun Laboratory have infiltrated the Capital Base, but among the various organizations I know now, only Changchun Laboratory is most similar to the people Guo Qicheng said. Zhang Yuexin is also a second-level zombie cultivated by Changchun Laboratory. I don't know what other anti-human organizations are. Do you know?"

Lin Ze shook his head: "Foreign organizations were disrupted by the second round of purple moons. Many anti-human organizations have emerged. We have captured foreign organizations. According to their descriptions, our country should be considered the fastest stable country now."

"Yeah." Lou Ai nodded. "By the way, we have solved the problem of Professor Qin Chengtai and are about to leave. You know that we are all excellent psychics sent from Qiang'an Base to the Capital Base. We have been delayed for a long time. We were supposed to go to the H Province Base, but the timing is not right." When Lou Ai was upgraded to a third-level zombie, her memory became clearer and she recalled that Dr. Wei Yin of the H Province Base died of asthma after three purple moons. She only needed to deliver the medicine at that time, and then she would have to collect some asthma medicines. Maybe she didn't need to collect them and could just buy them directly from the country.

"Okay, I'll take some time to see you off. I wrote a letter to Linlin, you can help bring it to her then." Lin Ze said, "Maybe you will leave earlier than Xiao Zuo. I'll notify Xiao Zuo and the others to see you off."

"Okay." Lou Ai nodded, "This is for you, as a parting gift, it's what I dreamed about, I just dream too much, I always worry about it,"

Hearing this, Lin Ze nodded in agreement: "I hope I can meet more people like you. It would be so happy to go on missions with you. Just like them, carefree, how wonderful. But they don't seem like the kind of people who would betray their friends. One day they can also be your backers..." Lin Ze opened the envelope while speaking, and his tone gradually changed when he saw the contents inside, "Is this true?"

"I'll tell you the truth. I just dreamed about it. I don't know if it's true or not." Lou Ai said, "Before, I was afraid that others wouldn't believe me, so I always made things that didn't happen seem true. This time, I won't make any promises in front of you. Do you think it's true?"

"I think... yes." Lin Ze nodded and put away the envelope in front of him with difficulty. "Thank you, I will prepare well."

Inside the envelope was the news about the destruction of Maple City Base and the third purple moons that Lou Ai had experienced in her previous life. Maple City Base happened to be there at the same time. The third purple moon followed the siege of the city half a month later. This was a continuous and severe crisis for Maple City Base. Lou Ai had already told Lin Ze the information, and it depended on how Lin Ze would deal with it.

There was a fork in the road near the military hospital. She separated from Lin Ze and asked Lin Ze to take Professor Qin Chengtai to the hospital. She would come to see Professor Qin Chengtai tomorrow. After walking for a while from the fork in the road, they arrived at the apartment rented by Xin Xin's team. Because the people in Xin Xin's team went to Lin Ze's superpower team, they usually had dormitories and rarely went back to the apartment, so there were only four people, including Lou Ai, living in the dormitory for the time being.

Song Yi demonstrated his divination incessantly: "That's right, the divination I calculated is correct. Both of them look dead, but different looks of death are different, especially since people's fates change all the time. Qin Chengtai's corresponding death is the death caused by Guo Qicheng poisoning him, and Guo Qicheng's death should correspond to suicide or Lou Ai's murderous intent. If Guo Qicheng doesn't commit suicide tonight, my apprentice will not let him survive tonight."

"My hexagram includes the result of my apprentice being added as a variable. Qin Chengtai's death sign has a glimmer of hope, while Guo Qicheng's death signs are superimposed on death signs. It's a fate of death, so he will die!" Song Yi recalled and affirmed.

"Brother Song, you didn't say at that time that Qin Chengtai had a chance of survival." Chen Youbo said.

"You still can't allow even a tiny bit of deviation?" Song Yi's eyes widened. "Fortune-telling is against the will of heaven. It's normal to have deviations."

"Yeah, Taoist brother, you are already very good. I have been learning from you for half a month, but I have made only mistakes so far." Xia Lu said in frustration.

"You are still young. When I was your age... ah, I had a junior brother who was your age. He also made many mistakes. By the time he was in his twenties, he had become quite capable." Song Yi comforted him.

Lou Ai listened and said faintly: "Master, is this little junior brother you?"

"Get out." Song Yi was annoyed.

*

The next morning, Lou Ai took Xia Lu to find Qin Chengtai.

Qin Chengtai's mental state was like he had aged a lot in an instant after what happened last night. He smiled at Lou Ai and Xia Lu, "You two are here. This kid is the one who treated me back then, right? After that burst of light last night, my lumbar spine felt much better."

"Yes, Professor Qin, there are still some toxins in your body that have not been cleared out. Let Xia Lu treat you again."
 
"Okay, thank you for your help, young comrade." Qin Chengtai said with a smile.

Xia Lu nodded and seriously activated his special ability. The brilliant light illuminated the entire room, and Qin Chengtai hummed comfortably.

"Now I know the benefits of supernatural powers. After Comrade Xiao's treatment, I feel as if I have become ten years younger. I am almost catching up with my youth." Qin Chengtai sighed, "How can a person change so quickly?"

"Humans are fickle creatures. This is not your fault. You don't have to feel bad about it." Lou Ai roughly understood Qin Chengtai's mentality. With Qin Chengtai's personality, he would inevitably take the blame for Zhang Yuexin's death. "I came here to give this to you. This is what I dreamed about in my prophetic dream. I also knew about the professor's accident in my dream."

"But you can see that I actually know nothing about scientific research. I don't even have a high school diploma. I've been learning from you for a long time but still don't understand the meaning of these words." Lou Ai said as she wrote down some formulas and various research results announced by the country in her previous life after the end of the world on paper. There were three full A4 sheets of paper. This was all she could remember and write down.

"The content written here is very mixed!" Qin Chengtai took a look and became more and more serious. "This research is very interesting. The letters are spelled wrong. It's just penicillin. Some letters are also wrong... Lou Ai should study hard and learn all kinds of subjects well. At least I have found many interesting research directions here. I will organize a research team today."

Professor Qin's words made Lou Ai's eyes drop lower and lower until they finally fell to the ground and she said, "...As long as you like it, it's not too late to start again after you recover from your illness."

"Alas, it's too late to experiment. Once others figure it out first, your research will be worthless." Qin Chengtai's ambition in research is no less than Guo Qicheng's ambition to become a superpower.

Lou Ai nodded. She made several copies of the research direction she recorded with the help of the laboratory, and left the original directly to Professor Qin Chengtai.

"Xia Lu, after you treat Professor Qin for two days, we will set off for the capital base."

"Okay." Xia Lu nodded.

*

Capital base.

Meng Linlin took Meng Langlang's hand and said, "Sister, have you seen the list of people coming to the capital base? Lou Ai is on it."

Meng Langlang was surprised: "Really? Are the Qiang'an base willing to let them go?"

"Lou Ai must have wanted to leave on her own. If Lou Ai wanted to come to the Capital Base, could the people from the Qiang'an Base stop her? If I were that powerful, I would definitely not be willing to take care of that small place." Meng Linlin said.

"Be careful with your words!" Meng Langlang glared at Meng Linlin. "What do you mean it's a small place? There is no small place for the people. But it will be fun if Lou Ai comes to our superpower team. Aren't the people in the superpower team arrogant and look down on the superpowers from other bases? This time when Lou Ai comes, her strength is not inferior to the top masters of our superpower team. Moreover, it is impossible that her strength will not increase after such a long time. There is a competitive relationship between the superpower teams. By then, those masters will be so ashamed that they can't raise their heads."

Meng Langlang walked to the window and looked at the beautiful morning light outside with anticipation.


Comments